During these unprecedented times for our industry, our countries and the world, businesses across the UK and Ireland are making adjustments to mitigate the impact of COVID-19. We want to reassure you that Edgars Water is open, albeit with a reduced team of core staff, so that we can continue to provide you with clean, safe drinking water services.
We are delivering to our customers who need us most. This includes essential businesses that are still open, hospitals, emergency services, nursing homes, and of course those people that are required to work from home but still want water.
To enable us to adhere to the continued Government guidance around non-essential travel we have moved to an order only delivery service rather than our standard delivery routes. This will ensure that every journey we make is safe, successful, and productive.
The situation is changing day-by-day, and we are rigorously following the government guidance as it is released.
Here are the key steps we are taking:
- We are instructing our delivery & sanitisation team members to maintain a 2 metre safe distance from other people on-site;
- Our delivery & sanitisation team members have been equipped with hand sanitiser so that they can maintain our normal high standards of hygiene;
- We have advised our Delivery & sanitisation team not to request signatures, but they will request your full name for the proof of delivery or sanitisation
- Any delivery & sanitisation team members who are feeling unwell are required to self-isolate and remain at home;
- Any delivery & sanitisation team member that has been abroad will go through the government process of isolation and testing;
- We do not send the same delivery & sanitisation team member to more than one location where practical;
This may mean we may take longer than normal to service your products, however, if you can allow us access outside of normal business hours please inform us as we may be able to offer this to you, location dependent. This will also reduce any risk to our team and yours alike.
Your co-operation is appreciated when our team are attending:
- We would appreciate your co-operation to ensure that we have access whilst limiting contact with anyone at your location. We will give you as much notice as possible in advance of a visit so that you can prepare.
- Please inform us if you become aware of any person(s) that have tested positive before we attend or make our delivery & sanitisation team member aware when they arrive
- Ensure you allow our delivery & sanitisation team member access to your restroom for hand washing and use of your sanitiser;
To ensure we can all help each other reduce the risk please inform us if the contact details we have for your business need to be updated, please contact us.
Please rest assured that we are constantly reviewing the situation and have continuity plans in place to support should the guidance change, for up to date information please visit https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus