It is the policy of Edgars Water to implement as many solutions as possible to minimise the impact of its activities on the environment, working to a system of continuous improvement.
The key points of the strategy to achieve this are:
- Minimise waste by evaluating efficiency of all operations.
- Minimise toxic emissions by selecting suitable fleet and it’s power source.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its customers and suppliers.
- Actively promote the use of environmentally friendly options for travel to workSource and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of distribution.
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company.
Initiatives implemented to date are:
- Introduction of new fleet vehicles with ‘Euro engine’ to reduce high emissions
- Fleet vehicle 12 weekly checks to ensure optimum efficiency performance
- 27% fuel consumption reduction by effectively managing delivery routes and loads
- Installation of speed limiters, restricting all fleet vehicles above 3.5 tonnes to 56 mph therefore reducing emissions
- Provision of recycling facilities in the offices for paper, plastic and cans
- Cup recycling scheme available to customers
- Use of re-usable polycarbonate bottles which are subject to controlled recycling at the end of their estimated life span of 5 – 6 years.
- We do not produce or sell ‘throw away’ plastic bottles which end up in landfill sites.
- Paperless technology & invoicing
- Installation of Cardboard Baling & recycling
- The use of Green Energy
Signed for and on behalf of Edgars Water